Skip to content

SuperBetter Feedback

Welcome! We’d love to hear from you! If you have a specific question about your account, please select “Contact Support” in the right sidebar.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

108 results found

1. Add Spiritual category

Spirituality is important to my quest. I would like to see this category added. Or, allow the ability to add and name categories yourself.

I would love to add insightful quotes, meditations and spiritual challenges for myself.

Thanks!

I absolutely LOVED the TedTalk!
    Jill

601 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Graphics and visuals - making a GAME

I signed up immediately after watching the TED Talk by SuperBetter's creator. The idea is great, but I couldn't help feeling a little disappointed at the lack of "game" to accompany the program. I would love to be able to create my "world" and design my avatar and WATCH her progress thru quests and battle bad guys, as I go thru them in real life. I think a video/visual element would be a wonderful next step for SuperBetter. Thanks for putting the work in to make this program in the first place - it really is a great idea!

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. More inclusion of mental health issues in PowerPacks and throughout the site.

I do love super better, and Id love to recommend it to more people online. I think it has work it can do to further establish itself.
    I'm sure you're aware that there are numerous online communities, Tumbl being one, where people often anonymously discuss their issues and some aim to offer support and recover, but far too often the circulation of negative thinking is damaging to the whole community.
    SuperBetter has the positive vibe and motivation needed to provide a helpful tool, and supportive community for those looking to recover.

Issues in particular I think could have some incorporation…

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Share user generated power ups, quests, and power packs

I would like to be able to share all of the quests, power ups, bad guys, and future boosts that I create with other superbetter players. I would like to be able to package them together in power packs for others to use. I would like everyone else to be able to do this to support my getting superbetter.

In implementing this I imagine each item should have user feedback associated with it. Thumbs up/down or stars, user reviews, science behind links, and a tag cloud to help people find the component to add to their superbetter.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have been on Superbetter for a week and here is my feedback

Hi there,

I am enjoying superbetter, but I feel that it has some issues and thought I would share my impression of the site now that I have been on it for a week.

• Can't send messages to allies or directly communicate with them. This makes becoming acquainted with allies or getting to know them quite difficult

• The forum is confusing and feels very 2001 and makes it difficult to find allies in a simple way. At least for me it would be easier if it was organized more in the fashion of groups, such as tribe.net (which in itself…

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. weight-neutral language for eating disorder

I think that pro-weight loss language should be limited to packs that are specifically for weight-loss. Otherwise, weight-loss is always framed as a pro throughout the game, and this is a huge problem for people who have been through or are currently struggling with disordered eating. It's so common around the game to see weight loss given as an example of a health benefit, and this is really harmful for a lot of people. The game would be helpful to more people if the copy were revised to remove references to weight loss, unless people have opted to see them.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A French translation of SuperBetter?

I would love to see a French version of SuperBetter. In fact, I would volunteer to do it myself (I am a certified translator.). I would like to share SuperBetter with my mom and my sister who don't speak English. My 34-year-old sister is in a wheelchair following a car accident. She could definitely benefit from SuperBetter… and many more like her I am sure.

Thanks for taking my idea into consideration.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Deepening the Secret Identity

I'd like to start this message by saying that I adore the concept of this website and I've been surprised just how quickly (and almost instinctually) I have been able to embrace the act of gaming in real life, though I've had a "secret identity" of sorts for a while, now. One of the things that really sparked my imagination a few years back was beginning to envision myself as a separate person to which I could empathize with - she became a heroine to the exaggerated form of my own story. That heroine changed just as I did, as…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Overall Upgrade

I love this idea. I've had this idea. But you guys are the ones made it and I love you for that. From a gamer's perspective, it needs a bit of a better overall navigation. For starters certain things like "To do" should ALWAYS be on the right side on all pages as someone navigates their "Status Screen"...
    The activity part should list the icons of what's been done, not the profile picture. As well as a "quick activity" where someone can type in something they did and award points right on the front page. The power ups should be…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make an online Journal!

I'm very new to this website, and I am loving it! However, one of the quests mention writing in your journal about your comfort zone. Why not have a feature on here to let us keep a journal? I'm sure that it would be difficult to afford to let everyone have an online link for a journal, but you could create a downloadable app for the computer that opens up something similar to notepad?

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. More than just health goals

Hey Jane and others! I'm loving SuperBetter. I found it after watching Jane's talk on TED.com. I'm thinking this applies to so much more than just health goals. Are there plans in the works to expand the application of this game model? I can see it as a way to deal with numerous types of goals - bad habits (not health related), academic goals, relationship goals, travel goals...I'm guessing the possibilities are limitless.

Thanks for coming up with this. It's awesome!

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New strength proposal: Financial (and/or Environmental?)

Gotta tell you--SB is the first method in 51 years (and I've tried LOTS, believe me!) that has me exercising daily, building up strength...and, while I'm at it: remembering to floss daily, pray, take my prescriptions correctly, and a host of other things I usually forgot. As a side effect, I'm also getting more chores done around the house and yard--'cause now they earn me points. YIPPEEEE!!

So, yes: Wider Application of Superbetter. I find myself wanting to make quests that don't quite fit the 4 strengths, many of them financially related. The current strengths are all internal, and I…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Printable To-Do List

One thing I would really like is a way to print out my To Do List for the day. One of my biggest bad guys is being online too much. I am finding that because I also want to be really involved with SuperBetter quests, that I am here more than I should be. If I could print out a to-do list and any info needed to do it early in the day and check back in to SuperBetter later in the day to check it off and check on ally stuff that would be ideal.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A way to tone down the background?

I have migrane issues, and I find the bright white background on SB sometimes triggers the beginnings of a migrane. Is there a way to change the visuals according to the needs of the user?

Personally, I find it easier on the eyes/brain to have dark sepia text on a light faun or green background. Less stress on the rods, more work being done by the cones. I'm sure this colour scheme won't be to everyone's taste, though.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I really love this suggestion and it’s something that’s always been on our radar and we want to incorporate. Hopefully when we launch there will be a toggle in your profile to trigger “high contrast” mode or “soft mode” in addition to our standard dark grey on white.

15. Dungeon Map

It'd be cool to have a visual representation of a map that you uncover. Be a dungeon explorer or some other sort of adventurer, finding rooms, enemies and treasure that represent your obstacles and achievements.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it more male friendly or gender neutral.

I love the content of this app, and I tried to share it with my dad who also has depression. He kind of wrote it off though because he said it was a "girly" app with all the rainbows and whatnot. I think men who could really use this may be turned off by the slightly feminine design. Just a thought.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Classroom

I'm not sure if you have considered doing this or have done this, but having SuperBetter in the classroom setting would be such a worthwhile resource. So much information out there states how successful students are resilient and to have something like this that could be brought up on a smartboard with the 2 choices in order to build their resilience would be so great!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Extra "Career" Category

I've just started using SuperBetter and really see how it can help me improve myself... but I want it to help me improve my skills in my career rather than the '4 categories', where I stand quite ok. I will use superbetter to improve those as well, but I really want to focus most of my attention for the next few years on improving my career skills. I want to keep track and to motivate myself to keep on studying and improving myself each day.
    The "Career" category can include things like education, skills, financial etc. I truly believe this…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Should be able to combine challenges. Like anger and depression or depression and anxiety

I suffer with multiple challenges. It would be logical to have the app completely optimized according to all major challenges.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We need this in Spanish!

People from Latin America need this, I found this amazing!
    And Btw send a huge Hug to Jane, she's quite an inspiration...

PD: I would love to help in the translation if necessary

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m so glad you’re enjoying it! :) We want to be able to localize it in many many different languages (Spanish is at the top of the list :)), but right now we just don’t have the budget for it. We’re hoping to maybe team up with a company who might be willing to sponsor the localization effort.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base