Skip to content

SuperBetter Feedback

Welcome! We’d love to hear from you! If you have a specific question about your account, please select “Contact Support” in the right sidebar.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

108 results found

1. Video Game?

I don't play video games, but the TED talk I saw about SuperBetter made me want to play. The beautiful illustrations on your site get at what an actual video game could provide: visuals of getting better, overcoming "bad guys"/obstacles,being helped by friends,changing reactions. A video game would allow interaction in this visual world, and maybe the virtual success that some would achieve there would help in real life. I am hoping that this will be your next step. People who are depressed and anxious could benefit from a video game that allows them, through an avatar, to see themselves…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Custom challenges

Hi,

I'm really loving Superbetter so far! However, one thing that I believe could improve the experience (mine at least) is the ability to specify a custom challenge. The current pre-specified challenges don't quite cover my situation, but I can still really use Superbetter to, well, get better.

For challenges outside the predefined ones, you have the 'Just getting Superbetter' challenge, but that's not very descriptive if you do have a specific demon that you are battling, but it's not listed. The challenge is displayed quite prominently in the interface, so being able to specify one of your own could…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a version for younger kids

I am a 3rd grade teacher and this year have a difficult group of kids to say the least. I have been using the "mind-up" curriculum to teach kids how to be mindful. Because I work with younger kids, the idea of using gaming to bring this home to their level, is brilliant. I would LOVE to use this with them, but with the over 13 requirement, I am hesitant. What can we do to bring this down to younger kids? I am a firm believer in helping kids to learn how to be resilient and see an incredible power…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The weight loss focus, can it be revamped?

HI,
    I love this app. LOve it. Have recommended it to my daughter who is battling depression. I would love to recommend it to my patients but they are eating disorder patients. Is it necessary to put weight loss as a suggestion in your game. Couldn't people figure that out on their own? Or couldn't it be more proactive and positive and be more centered on empowerment and acceptance of body image and health? I know that losing weight if you are overweight is the healthy choice, but with a sharp increase in ED's for women and now men, we…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. What about people who don't speak English?

I met SuperBetter a few days ago and I think it's awesome! Since English is only my second language I immediately thought about people who don't speak English but would appreciate the help SuperBetter can give.

For a start, I would be more than happy to translate the site into my mother language, Hungarian, absolutely free of course. (I've been studying translation at university for a year now, so I have some experience as well.)

I'm sure people with other mother languages would gladly do the same, and adding some more languages to SuperBetter would not only be beneficial to…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create a "Spiritual" scoring in addition to mental, physical, etc.

The soul, spirit, or deeper self is just as important as the mind, body, emotions, and social support system.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Spanish versión Please

That's would be great for the non English speakers a version in Spanish.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Children/Junior version to boost esteem of kids!

I am a pediatric occupational therapist. I work with children of varying abilities, including children who have autism, Asperger's Disorder, sensory processing difficulties, fine motor delays, Down syndrome, and a host of other medical conditions and issues to help them live their lives to the fullest. One thing many of my patients have in common is significant levels of anxiety and poor self-concept. I think it would be great if there was a Superbetter that was designed for children in the 5-8 range and maybe an 8-12 range. Children thrive on what we may consider "minor" accomplishments, such as climbing…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ally mode on mobile app

I'd love to be able to go into ally mode from the mobile app. That way if I want to award an achievement or suggest a power up to a friend, I don't have to log onto the website separately.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Wonder whether SB could be used in a class setting?

It obviously can be applied to learning. And I was struck by the line under SCIENCE in the SECRET LAB: "People are happier, healthier and more successful when they're following goals that they choose for themselves." So -- I wonder whether it could or would be reasonable to use it for a class? It might be particularly well suited to an internet-based class or a very flexible on campus one. Anyone at SB interested in exploring this?

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. challenges

I just signed up today after hearing about SuperBetter on the radio. But I was surprised and disappointed at how limited the choices were for challenges. The only ones having to do with health were "concussion" and "physical injury." But I think it could be a great support for people who are dealing with illnesses--chronic illnesses like Lyme or autoimmune disorders, cancer fighters/survivors, etc. And I think it would be great if the quests and power-ups, etc. could be more closely tailored to those challenges. I know it would take a lot of work, but so many people (including me)…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Expand from the realm of healing to major self improvement quests (new skills, new jobs, etc)

If superbetter were integrated into my calendar or day planner, I would have a fun way to get me doing things that I know are important, but not urgent. My job description at work just changed in a major way, I like the challenge, but small wins and motivation along the way would not only help my success, it would speed up my growth I'm sure. Those are just two ways I've seen after day one.

I LOVE SUPERBETTER!!!

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow coaches to suggest or assign quests, bad guys, allies, etc. for players.

In addition to Allies consider creating a social role for Coach (Dungeon Masters). These Coaches would be able to assign quests and power packs to the players game narrative. Maybe under profile there could be a check box; [X] Become a Coach. Coaches would be able to add content, provide feedback, and check in with their players. Players should be able to have multiple coaches.

My initial thought is that a Coach could build and implement programs for family members. Then I thought of physicians, counselors, clergy, HR departments, life coaches, sport coaches, etc. Anyone who can lead others to…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PTSD Community

Hi,

When I signed up, I saw the place where you can enter a group code, but I couldn't seem to find anything about it in the FAQs section.

Anyway, I belong to a support community for PTSD, and I was wondering if there was a fairly easy way for many of us to play together. I and many others suffer from self-imposed social isolation, so these people are (and have been for years) my major allies in becoming Super Better outside of the context of this game. I think my community could really benefit from Super Better and have…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Studying/Exams?

I know it would be a huge addition, but I think the next big 'thing' to add would be to build up mental smarts quest style.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 'Comments' on activity are really hard to post successfully.

I want to leave comments on my activity (battling bad guys, quests, etc) so I can scan my activity wall and remind myself WHAT I did that time that was awesome. I click 'comment,' it gives me a text box. I type in the text box and hit enter, and ... nothing happens. I tried using a separate browser to hit the site again and the comment is there -- except when it isn't. There is no "Your comment has posted!" notification, no "click here to post" button, or anything else that would help me figure out that I HAVE…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Android and Translations

Do you guys have any plans to launch SuperBetter for Android??
    Also do you have plans to translate SuperBetter to other languages? I'm from Brazil and I really love this game. I just started but it is already helping me.. And I know some people that could use a game like this but they can't read english.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Translating SuperBetter

I recently watched your TED conference about SuperBetter (and the fact that it can actually grant you ten more years to live, which is amazing). I'm actually a sociology major in Santiago, Chile but besides studying and doing sociology-related research, I'm also a LGBTI activist.

I'm actually working in a small organization, mentored by a nurse, based on peer counseling (we've developed a methodology for anybody to use in order to help people within the LGBTI community (or as we like to call it, sexual diversity; this would also include, heterosexuality).

I'm actually pretty hyped about this game (which, by…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Timezone bug

I'm in Australia. The system doesn't handle timezone; in the morning it tells me I've done things today which I did yesterday and won't mark things as 'done today' until the afternoons.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base