SuperBetter Feedback

Welcome! We’d love to hear from you! If you have a specific question about your account, please select “Contact Support” in the right sidebar.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Link for achievements`

Please can the SuperHero have a link on their front page for achievements

https://www.superbetter.com/heroes/1746/achievements

I can go to this page manually and my ally has a link to this page on the left hand side of his screen. Could the superheros have this too please?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  achievements/badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Cara,

If you click on your name on your HQ, this will take you to your profile, where there is a left-side link for Achievements. It is a bit buried, so we’ll keep this in mind for future development! Please let me know if you have any trouble!

2. Typo in levels explanation

In the first sentence in the explanation of Levels 'news' should be 'new'

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  spelling/grammar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Didn't finish watching intro videos

I wasn't able to finish watching the intro videos, but now I can't get back to them. It would be nice to have a way to go back to them.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  allies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. close lightboxes by clicking the grey overlay

For instance, when I click on the icon to see the science behind something, the X that closes the overlay is small, and back above the fold, which requires scrolling up to get to in some cases. I believe that for usability purposes, as well as accessibility, it might be beneficial to allow closing the lightboxes by clicking outside of it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  wider application of SuperBetter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Overview

This may be my love for the last version of SB standing out, but it would be great to have an overview page (in the sidebar with Activities, etc). You could just show all quests, power ups, bad guys, et cetera in a quick grid.

The best part about the old layout was immediately being reminded of everything. Now if I don't click Bad Guys, I don't have that immediate recognition. Same for Power Ups, et cetera.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  wider application of SuperBetter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ally Invitation Trouble

After (finally) receiving my ally invitation, I finally realized I had to log out to accept it. But once I finish reading about the skills (compass, heart, etc) and go to practice the skills, the site breaks and the connection isn't completed. I've tried it several times and my ally and I are still not really connected. It's really hampering my SuperBetter experience.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  allies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notes/posts/comments/discussion for individual badguys

Hi guys!
    It would be great if there could be posting/commenting/note-taking/or discussion option for each individual badguy. I find that as I continue to play the game, I get evolving insights into the characteristics of each badguy and what it takes to defeat them. It would be helpful to be able to record this!

Alternatively, you could provide a labelling function for each activity post on the main page of the dashboard, and show those posts labelled with the given category (e.g. "badguys") in that category's subpage.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll keep this in mind for future development. In the meantime, you can always make notes to yourself in the Notes function on your Secret Lab (click on the icon with the lightning bolt below the SB logo to access your secret lab.) Your allies can’t view your secret lab, so if you wanted to discuss strategies with them, you could use your activity wall on your HQ, or create a group on the SuperBetter Community for you and your allies (you can make your group private if you want.) Please let me know if you need any help with any of these suggestions!

9. Tutorial

It confused me when the opening page didn't say that this was to familiarize us with the process of Super Better, and instead it seemed like it launched me straight into a very very simplistic game. Might want to label it "tutorial".

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Portrayal of Women

I am interested in using SuperBetter as a tool for staying physically and mentally fit while having to finish a long and arduous project. The idea for this site and the way it is arranged is fantastic. However, when I have emailed a few friends to tell them about the site, all six were first struck by McGonigal's stage make up and unnecessary cleavage. For a self-help (or self-acceptance) site, McGonigal's styling seems to have missed the mark, appearing either threatening or comically bad.

Here's an email excerpt from a male friend of mine:

OK. I'm glad it's not just…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Sarah Dopp responded

This has been a great conversation, and we appreciate the different perspectives offered here in the comments. We’ll keep these notes in mind when we approach future video content.

11. Theming Options!

First, let me say I LOVE the SuperBetter experience. The interface is very good, and that's something that most web services either get wrong, or worse, just plain overlook. Custom images for events is a nice touch--I'd love to see that extended with some customizable theme options.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Why can I not log in?

My password I never changed....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  forum integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you signed up for the private beta/sneak peek and used SuperBetter before March, you’ll need to create a new account. If that’s not the issue, let me know a bit more information and I’ll see how we can help :)

13. Suggesting a quest - more feedback would be good!

I've just suggested a quest for my hero, but I didn't see any feedback to indicate what's happened to it now or where it's gone (or even that it was successful). I found that the "suggest a quest" action has been crossed out, when I went back to my dashboard, but that's a bit hidden. More obvious feedback would help.

(Caveat: I'm an Opera user. I may well have missed something that should have worked in IE/FFx/Chrome.)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  quests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. One touch for indicating completion of quests and power ups

It would be really nice if you could indicate the completion of a quest or the use of a power up with one click on the main list instead of having to go to the page for that specific quest or power up

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re working on including a small lightning bolt icon that you can click to quickly indicate completion from the list view. We had to make it two initially due to issues we saw in user testing where people would double click and accidentally complete a quest without even seeing what it was :)

15. Super Teams -- User ally groupings

I noticed there are lots of folks in the ally forum talking about the same issues, and volunteering to be each other's allies. For those like me who are a little less likely to stick our neck out, but still could use the help of other people's wisdom, maybe informal groups or clubs could be formed that, say, deal with similar issues, or similar epic wins, or hobbies. That's a super way to get social resilience, and a lot easier than committing to one-on-one help with a stranger!

Groups could, for instance, not only discuss the kinds of issues they…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  allies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Password reset email doesn't work

I have a password reset email, but the link just takes me to an error page. I've tried several times (the same token is sent each time).

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  general login help  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ally invite doesn't show e-mail it was sent to

The ally invite page shows the invites sent but doesn't show who they were sent to. It would be really nice to have the e-mail the invite was sent to listed in addition to the message. Otherwise it's hard to remember which was sent to who.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  allies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Categorize power ups by strength

Hi guys,
    I'd love it if I could see my power ups page categorized by the strength they build up so I can see where I need to round out my toolbox.
    Thanks!

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  power-ups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  powerpacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Need a "getting started faq" or something simpler

The community pages encourage you to view the faq right off the bat, but there is too much information -- there needs to be a gentler introduction to it. If nothing else, have the first question in the faq be "How do I get started."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base