SuperBetter Feedback

Welcome! We’d love to hear from you! If you have a specific question about your account, please select “Contact Support” in the right sidebar.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to sort SBFeedback by "Status" ("under review", completed", started")

Not really totally necessary.... just a nice to have. Sort of get a glimpse of what is happening with superbetter, where it is going.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Comments

Seriously need the option to edit or delete a comment, especially when one somehow gets posted twice...

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Time zones.

I live in New Zealand. My tasks get reset at odd hours. Would love to be able to set my time zone so that my start of the day isn't 8pm at night.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make a manly version

I am a male nerd, so this whole idea of "battling" my personal struggles really appeals to me, and frankly I think it would appeal more to guys than girls in general.
    That being said, I get an overwhelming sense of "cutesyness" in general from this sight. It ranges from the color scheme to the quests to the wording throughout the program even to the name itself.
    Maybe it's just my generation of males which grew up with videogames, Stephen King, and internet access to every horror movie, but I think you are missing a key, demographic.Keep in mind, from…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug in "award your hero" sidebar

Both the "achievement[title]" input bar and the "achievement[description]" input say "Title your Achievement..."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Duplicates in your path to "ally orientation"?

Hi -

I just signed up as an ally for a work buddy.

Noticed that your "orientation" for allys includes videos that (I think) should lead from Compass to Light to Heart to Shadow to Rock.

But I see that the path leads from Compass to Compass, then Light to Light -- duplicates. (same transcript, different placeholder image by the video.) Looks buggedy...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Portrayal of Women

I am interested in using SuperBetter as a tool for staying physically and mentally fit while having to finish a long and arduous project. The idea for this site and the way it is arranged is fantastic. However, when I have emailed a few friends to tell them about the site, all six were first struck by McGonigal's stage make up and unnecessary cleavage. For a self-help (or self-acceptance) site, McGonigal's styling seems to have missed the mark, appearing either threatening or comically bad.

Here's an email excerpt from a male friend of mine:

OK. I'm glad it's not just…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Sarah Dopp responded

This has been a great conversation, and we appreciate the different perspectives offered here in the comments. We’ll keep these notes in mind when we approach future video content.

8. Chrome and Firefox Compatibility Problems

The two browsers I use most, Chrome and Firefox, both have compatibility problems where clicking on names and navigation links do not work at all. Seems like a great program, but is having major technical difficulties.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Presentation change

To the wardrobe consultant: The unzipped dress of Jane McGongal is tacky by showing her cleavage. You can do better.
    The game is great, why depreciate its value by sexual subliminal?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I watch someone else's wall, it says "entered by you"

it's wrong phrasing as I'm watching my ally's wall, and in fact that powerup was entered by her not me

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Video tutorial for navagation

you have a lot of good videos describing subjects, but when it comes to knowing about the toggle from hero to ally i was lost for a while... perhaps a series of videos for the UI and how to get around the site would be very handy for people that are not so practiced?

actually, i find the UI clunky in some ways, like i have to reread the same material over again and again, it could be cleaned up and less all over the place. i am new to this, but i really like the idea and my plans…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. hyper links broken!?

when I started my journey, clicking on 'injury/illness" or the other on did not take me anywhere, but once I just went to "superbetter.com" I found that I was all signed up and ready. Now I cannot edit anything, or delet my profile because I'm SICK OF THIS already and want to give up. I don't have any major problem, I just thought I could get help motivating myself...so I can't imagine someone with a bigger problem who really needs help must feel. Hyper links do not work! grrrr

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. L

help? editing links not working...is it my browser or the site?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Simple changes for activities page

It would be nice if the activity wall could be colour coded or something similar to make it clear which activities relate to different things (e.g. a different colour or icon when you fight a bad guy compared to activating a power up, another for acheivements that make them stand out more (perhaps showing the badge on the activity wall too?) and definitely making it clearer when something has come from an Ally as this is hard to notice at the moment.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tracker pre-sets - number should be removed each time

When I take the SuperBetter Tracker or the Well-Being Tracker, it always shows me the number I assigned last time. This is not good because it automatically makes me think, "do I feel better or worse than last time?" rather than, "how do I feel NOW?" Numbers should be removed each time the test is taken.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. User Interface performance is slow at times

The user interface doesn't provide feedback fast enough in a lot of cases. I find myself clicking twice on a button because I think I must not have clicked it the first time. Responsiveness is also an issue when there are a number of steps to perform an action -- if I'm reviewing my activities and think "Ah, I did that power-up, I should enter it" -- I've got several steps -- enter the power-ups mode, maybe scroll to the right one, view it, click on I did it (maybe twice!) then OK the dialog about points gained. That many…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Very Buggy, Poor Interface Design

I am blown away by the idea of this site. I am a fan of Jane McGonigal and a game design student in Montreal (almost finished). I have had a similar idea but of much more limited scope--so I'm definitely a fan of this project. But it seems like an alpha version.

The interface is exceptionally poorly designed and confusing. And buggy. Just a few quick examples.

1) I was able to invite myself as a friend and now appear as my own ally, even having received email saying, "Andrew Kozloski, you have just agreed to be an ally of…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  4 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. One touch for indicating completion of quests and power ups

It would be really nice if you could indicate the completion of a quest or the use of a power up with one click on the main list instead of having to go to the page for that specific quest or power up

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re working on including a small lightning bolt icon that you can click to quickly indicate completion from the list view. We had to make it two initially due to issues we saw in user testing where people would double click and accidentally complete a quest without even seeing what it was :)

20. Icon Gallery

I wish there was an icon gallery so that I can easily pick pictures that describe my item (power-up, bad-guy, etc)

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base