Social Media Connectivity and More
A few ideas:
1. Add private messaging. We are currently using 'Check ins' as prive messages as we do not want others seeing what we put on each other's walls all the time.
2. Consider adding instant chat, but the above takes priority.
3. Add Ally pages. Currently I can only look at my allies if they are heroes and I am acting as an ally to them. However, i have allies that are using Superbetter PURELY as allies, and have not created their own heroes. I cannot contact them via the site or view a page dedicated to them however, and this is unfortunate because it limits the level of support they can give me.
4. Consider a mobile app (I understand this may not be viable as a non-profit organisation though). Sometimes when I am out and about and complete a quest or activate a power up I forget to update the progress when I get home, meaning my scores do not always reflect reality and this is a shame. A mobile app would allow me to keep track of my quests at all times, and allow me to update my progress as it happens.
5. GIVE ME A JOB! I became interested in studying the effects of video games on the user during my Psychology degree, and am currently reading about game design with the hopes of researching the topic further one day, and even designing my own games to aid people. Then I found this- a dream come true!. I would do anything to work for the superbetter team, even if my role starts low (For example, I could edit the quests as I noticed numerous spelling and grammar mistakes) or I could act as a representative in some way. I could even act as research assistant due to my education! (I realize this sounds needy but, I believe in seizing opportunities from all angles).
6.Keep up the good work!
TADA – Mobile app: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/superbetter/id536634968
Ally pages and a messaging system are planned for September-ish. (Sooner if we can get to it!)
We’ll welcome any and all edits to quest text :D Right now we’re unfortunately only hiring dev positions – but if you’re active in our community we definitely notice and keep it in mind down the line :D
Robert Griffiths commented
Wow I did not expect such a speedy reply, and great to hear you track your users for career opportunities. I have to admit I thought I was just being a bit cheeky when I said that so thank you so much for responding!
Do you have any plans to bring the app to other phones? Unfortunately I do not have an iphone :(