Skip to content

SuperBetter Feedback

Welcome! We’d love to hear from you! If you have a specific question about your account, please select “Contact Support” in the right sidebar.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

66 results found

1. Facebook logi integration across all services

Unable to edit my profile after having signed up to SB through Facebook - assuming this is something that could be made to work in future?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Forum Registration - cannot register or log in

I am having the same problem - I try to register for forums and am told I have the wrong answer to a question I've never answered before. I'd like to use the forms but can't figure out how to get in there.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Non-Medical Goals - data from the "Positive Psychology" folks?

Love & respect that you're doing this with integrity and insistence that data/empiricism matters.

Any chance that the positive psychology folks already have useful stuff for you to mine?

I came here hoping for a feedback loop for professional projects that scare me and I avoid: hoping you'll have it going sooner rather than later. Or else I'll have another excuse for not living my life.

:D

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You have no excuse!!! :p

Everything that’s on the site currently is backed by positive psychology practices, and just because we ask you to choose injury/illness vs health goal at the beginning, doesn’t mean that project management can’t be your goal.

We’ve had people use this for writing novels, learning a language, playing an instrument, finishing their PhD, getting through/over a divorce, planning a three month journey to Europe – the sky is the limit, and the power packs we have get their power from universal principles, so don’t be afraid to use them to tackle whatever your challenge happens to be!

4. Make it able to delete powerpacks fully!

I just would like to delete powerpacks that don't fit to my situation fully!

Thanx

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Quest timing --an additional suggestion

Similar to the person who wants the option for once a month quests, etc, I just want to say that I have some quests I need to do 2x a week, for example, or on alternate days.

So some way to expand the possible time settings for quests would be extremely useful and appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  quests  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A graceful way to finish the game?

SB is very new, so this probably hasn't come up yet, but do you have ideas for player exit strategies? If so, what are they?

One of the things about setting this up as a game is that it makes self-improvement fun. This fun-ness is removed if a player is tied in, either by a feeling of responsibility to allies, or just by a design quirk that assumes that there will always be another hill to climb.

That way lies problematic use because superbetter has become an obligation/job rather than fun. It becomes a demotivational spiral that the player is…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now, when you accomplish an Epic Win, you have the option of choosing your next Epic Win, or declaring yourself “SuperBetter”. When you declare yourself SuperBetter, you’ve finished the game – and it encourages you to go out and live the life you’ve created for yourself. We’ll be here when you come back, whenever that is :)

As far as being an ally, you can always be “just an ally” and we’re working on ways to remove yourself from being someone’s ally if you don’t want to (currently, only heroes can break the hero/ally link).

7. spelling edit

It looks like "brain" is misspelled in this sentence...

In mindfulness and brian expert Dr. Dan Siegels analogy, mindfulness is the lens that helps bring difficult experiences into focus.

...Thanks : )

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Help! I already started playing and this thing says it does not recognize my email address.

I'm really into this...where am I? I already did some work on this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Caryn,

I believe I sent you an email about this a few days ago – any of your game data prior to March 9 wasn’t saved. This is because we had so many changes to the platform that it was impossible to bring in the old game data. You’ll have to create a new account and set up your game on the new platform, but hopefully once you see all the improvements you’ll find that it is worth it. :)

Cheers,
    Jessica.

9. Wish there was more structure

You at SuperBetter can be a great ally, if you MAKE quests specific to Anxiety, or specific to social phobias, PTSD, etc. You had GREAT ideas for the tutorial. Can you make more of those? I'm not going to continue to use SB if I have to make up my own quests, bad guys, powerups, etc. I want drop downs of suggestions, and the option to add my own if I wish. I'd like to have actual game challenges, not counseling in a website. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  allies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sounds like you’re talking about Power Packs! In your HQ, if you see the two green-blue circles in the illustration banner, the left one should say POWER PACKS when you mouse over it. Click there, and you’ll find a bunch of pre-created Power Packs – which are quests, power-ups, and bad guys recommended for different challenges or to increase different strengths.

10. Editing the To Do list

I want to be able to edit my To Do list. Right now the list thinks I need to complete three quests that I can do "anytime", and there's no way to remove them and add other quests. This defeats the purpose of the list.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you don’t have any quests scheduled for a particular day, the To Do list will recommend three quests from your list that aren’t scheduled. You can add quests to your To Do list simply by editing them and setting a reminder for the specific day you want them to appear :)

11. Bug Report: Ally Check-In

I hit the check-in button and the pop-up reports far too many +5 socials as well as I "re-earn" every achievement.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  allies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Avatars & icons

Need ability to upload photo avatars/icons in our profile. This way when we and our allies/heroes appear in our activity stream, we can easily distinguish them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this by clicking your username in the upper right, going to EDIT MY PROFILE, and then click SECRET IDENTITY and then the edit button at the bottom of the screen. You’ll be able to upload a photo of yourself :)

13. Facebook permissions

I log in with facebook. I am asked every time that I do whether Facebook can post on my behalf, something that I don't want to allow. But I can't disallow this, I only get the option to "skip" it, meaning that I have to go through this step every time I log on. Seems unnecessary.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Okay! This should be fixed now. Thank you SO much for bringing this to our attention. SuperBetter will never EVER post anything publicly unless you explicitly ask us to – so there’s no need for permissions like that. They have been removed :)

14. Thanks

Thank you for this. It's only my second day... but there's so much positive feedback! And I feel like it's actually coming from someone, not like it's rote, from a book or article. I'm amazed already that I DO feel better from this. I can sense the feel-better chemicals being released in my brain. :-)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Super Better in a post disaster context

I have a hunch that Super Better could help lots of people deal with the ongoing impacts of natural disasters such as the ongoing earthquakes in Christchurch, NZ. I see in my own ChCh family, people suffering from long-level but chronic fatigue, anxiety, fear, etc. What would the experts say about using it in that context?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Even though we’re currently marketing SuperBetter for health/wellness, the core psychology and research behind it is universal, and can be applied to just about anything. SuperBetter is about breaking goals down into manageable, accomplishable tiny steps and being able to see the progress you’re making along the way. It builds resilience: the ability to stay positive, optimistic, and hopeful even in the face of sometimes cataclysmic challenges. To me, that sounds like something they could certainly use.

16. Superbetter is like 43things but way more fun!

I remember trying to compose my list of 43 things and being able to browse through other people's goals, feeling inspired by the community and giving voice to what I wanted to accomplish. Superbetter goes a step further and makes the process fun and engaging. I wish there were any easier way to see what other people's challenges are and see them in one big visualization. It would also be nice to tag challenges so that you could see similar challenges arrayed together.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Kudos, high fives, way to goes, love it

A few little "what the heck do I do now" moments but you'll figure it out as more people start using this. I love it!! And I'll get back to you for both the good the bad and the "Okay, where did it go now" moments.

And by the way, yes I would pay for more modules. For you guys the sky's the limit. New job, getting married, developing a skill (with user input), beating addictions, dealing with illnesses, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  epic wins  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!!! Yes – we’ve definitely got a lot of bumps to figure out but we’re working on them slowly but surely and hope to continually make SuperBetter a little more..er.. superbetter all the time :)

19. Wider application of SuperBetter

Right now SuperBetter is targeted toward achieving physical goals, like overcoming depression, a concussion, loosing weight, becoming fit. I am working on becoming a writer. I would like to encourage myself to keep writing every day. Doing something creative like this there are days when I feel I can't do it, or what I am writing is crap. Superbetter is already set up to do this well, but I can't put it in as my epic win or goals. I wish that were fixed so people could enter in their own epic win and or goal instead of having the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this by selecting “Health Goal → Other” under challenge and then filling in your own unique challenge, like “Becoming a better writer”. And Epic Wins have always been fill-in-the-blank style – we’ve already had people use it to help them finish editing their novel, for instance, so feel totally empowered to create your own epic win that’s whatever you really want to do in your life :)

20. Ease of navigation back to dashboard

Unless there is an easy way to get back to the dashboard* that I haven't found, I suggest that you create one. After I activate a couple of Power-ups, I use my back-arrow to get back to my assignments for the day, but it takes numerous steps to get there. *Is that the name for the place where I can see my assignments for the day?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?