SuperBetter Feedback

Welcome! We’d love to hear from you! If you have a specific question about your account, please select “Contact Support” in the right sidebar.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Positive distrACTION text

Whoops! Looks like the text got cut off ithe description of the positive disctrACTION power-up in the quit smoking power pack!
    Thanks,
    Arri Hoyland

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1-click selections

Have an "I did this"/"I fought this" button next to view button to save a click

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. sorting of various elements

Is it possible to rearrange the order of elements in each section (quests, bad guys, etc)? I have created many of my own but find the order to be contrary to how I use them and now that I downloaded a bunch of super packs its infinitely worse! I either have to scroll WAY down to find what I seek or even worse yet have to dig through a giant list to find it. Just being able to rearrange these lists would be so helpful in getting superbetter. Otherwise I LOVE this "game" and find it immensely helpful in my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Your home page on the iPad app has typos

Have someone proofread for you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. FYI, incomplete text

In the belly breathing step, the text is:
    "How to Belly Breathe:

Lie down.
    Put your attention on your breathing.

Without changing your breathing rhythm, try to breathe more from you"

(and it ends there)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  editing/UserExperience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. tried to change my health goal

tried to change my health goal and now I can't specify anything when I click on the health goal button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

To change your health goal, click on your existing goal (under where it says “I’m getting super better at”), and then click the edit button, which should be to the right of the grey banner. You should then be able to click the Illness/Injury button or the Health Goal button and choose a new area from the dropdown list. Please let me know if this doesn’t work!

7. user testing?

I am a new user of this service. I LOVE the concept. I have many people in my circle of family and friends who could benefit from this game.
    But I just don't easily "get" it.
    I found it through the ted talks video - which led me to the blog - which led me to the game. I signed up, I've tried it a bit. But it seems oblique and difficult to understand. too complex. too much at once. no reminders in my inbox... my allies don't "get" it very easily either.
    We a handful of researchers/designers in Norway…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need a "getting started faq" or something simpler

The community pages encourage you to view the faq right off the bat, but there is too much information -- there needs to be a gentler introduction to it. If nothing else, have the first question in the faq be "How do I get started."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mobile version and more time between tasks

I'm brand new, and love SB already.

It would be great if there was a Web friendly version of the site for mobile, I use Android.
    It would also be beneficial if there weren't so many challenges set immediately after each other on the weight loss program, as I felt like I couldn't get away from the website, so I could do some other work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. After the forced re-login, redirect the user to the page they initially launched - protect their wrist & attention span!

CONTEXT:

1. Whenever I go to SuperBetter site, I try to launch exactly the page I need — to save time, efforts, attention span, and my wrist.
      I do it via either a) my Chrome home page ­ - it has icons for SuperBetter pages that I use frequently (Power-Ups, Quests, Bad Guys) because I visit those pages frequently or b) Chrome's URL suggestions.

Given that you officially recommend prioritizing the web version of SuperBetter over the apps, I'm sure other users also attempt a similar quick-launch (maybe they even put the links to those pages on their browser's Bookmarks toolbar).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Duplicates in your path to "ally orientation"?

Hi -

I just signed up as an ally for a work buddy.

Noticed that your "orientation" for allys includes videos that (I think) should lead from Compass to Light to Heart to Shadow to Rock.

But I see that the path leads from Compass to Compass, then Light to Light -- duplicates. (same transcript, different placeholder image by the video.) Looks buggedy...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make a manly version

I am a male nerd, so this whole idea of "battling" my personal struggles really appeals to me, and frankly I think it would appeal more to guys than girls in general.
    That being said, I get an overwhelming sense of "cutesyness" in general from this sight. It ranges from the color scheme to the quests to the wording throughout the program even to the name itself.
    Maybe it's just my generation of males which grew up with videogames, Stephen King, and internet access to every horror movie, but I think you are missing a key, demographic.Keep in mind, from…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Best app on my phone.

I love this app SO MUCH!! It honestly has changed my life. I am AMAZED at the way it empowers me to live my life more fully, and helping me overcome my pitfalls and ultimately living my life with the attitude I choose. I LOVE the links to "the science" behind everything. I cannot say enough good things about this app. The one thing I would change is I'm not sure why this is, but a new SB "day" doesn't seem to start at midnight, but later in the morning. I would love it if my new quests etc. started…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When editing "DESCRIPTION" field of cards: tell users that they need to use HTML to create paragraphs and lists (i.e. rich formatting)

If you don't use html tags, the contents of DESCRIPTION field for added cards (a new Bad Guy, etc.) turns into one messy chunk. No paragraphs (no matter how many empty lines in-between paragraphs one creates), no list items. Just one big messy chunk.

But the PROBLEM is that there is no visual hint in SuperBetter interface that makes it obvious that HTML actually works in your editor, that it IS possible to format text properly (<p>for paragraphs</p> and stuff like <ul><li>item 1</li><li>item 2</li></ul> for lists)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cannot designate "better at"

Hello, I find it strange that I only get 8 options to choose from when specifying my "at". I get a textbox informingme that people use Superbetter to become pregnant, or gain employment, but those aren't options either in the drop-down box. Why can't it be a textbox like when specifying my 'epic win'? My condition doesn't get a whole lot of respect from the medical establishment and calling it 'depression' is untrue and limiting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2-Step verification for login like Google has

Invent 2-Step verification system for logging in, that is require the user to input a security code sent to mobile phone at login. People use SuperBetter for things related to mental health and I think secure login with mobile code would enhance the feeling of security. After all there may eventually be a lot of sensitive data about a person on her account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Clarify explanations for "The Brain Drain" vs "The Brain Troll" vs "The Self-Critic" vs "The Zombie Programs"

Could you please make the difference (in their "DESCRIPTION:" explanations) between them more clear?
    OR remove/replace one of them with another one.

I've happened to download two Power Packs and got all of the aforementioned Bad Guys on my list; and now I struggle to figure out the difference between "The Brain Drain" vs "The Brain Troll" vs "The Self-Critic" vs "The Zombie Programs" and how to report my battles.

I'll probably just delete the last 3, but I bet other users would be grateful if you'd optimized the list of those Bad Guys (made the difference between them more…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The community page should be integrated into the main site.

The community page should be integrated into the main site. It makes no sense to require 2 accounts or for it to look so shoddy.

It would make far more logical, holistic and intuitive sense to be able to be signed in and find support and make friends all in one website.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. feedback

link "http://ccare.stanford.edu/publications/compassion-evolutionary-analysis-and-empirical-review&quot;
    leads to
    Page not found We're sorry this page has been renamed, moved or deleted. Please try searching for what you were looking for instead - See more at: http://ccare.stanford.edu/publications/compassion-evolutionary-analysis-and-empirical-review#sthash.7ItPzq1w.dpuf
    I was able to search for the article. Oh is that the quest?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need to define a better relationship between activities

So, I was navigating through my list of activities (quests, powerups, allies, etc.), and when coming across my allies decided to "connect with one" by calling them (so I could click the little 'I did this' button).

After my call, I checked my powerups and found one that said "Call a friend - literally call them". I then noticed a powerup about meditation, but I have a quest for meditation.

It occurred to me that there should be a more distinct relationship between these activities.

I'm not saying I have the answer, but I feel that a good start would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base