Skip to content

SuperBetter Feedback

Welcome! We’d love to hear from you! If you have a specific question about your account, please select “Contact Support” in the right sidebar.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

108 results found

1. Translating SuperBetter

I recently watched your TED conference about SuperBetter (and the fact that it can actually grant you ten more years to live, which is amazing). I'm actually a sociology major in Santiago, Chile but besides studying and doing sociology-related research, I'm also a LGBTI activist.

I'm actually working in a small organization, mentored by a nurse, based on peer counseling (we've developed a methodology for anybody to use in order to help people within the LGBTI community (or as we like to call it, sexual diversity; this would also include, heterosexuality).

I'm actually pretty hyped about this game (which, by…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Weight loss - superbody

Hi Jane... you have a fan here ever since I watched your TED talk. Bravo. I wish I had known about your game when I had depression.

The problem I'm takling at the moment is weight loss, and I've come across something in my readings that makes me think you can help. I hope you're intrigued. It's not a huge problem (forgive the pun) - I need to lose about 10kg. Problem is I can lose 5kg, and then I get distracted and put it on again.

I have been reading "Influencer" by Patterson and Grenny. It looks at what…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it work more than 10% of the time.

It's a downer when you just completed a Quest(s) and can't sign in or post to SuperBetter. Kind of defeats the purpose of the program.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. archetypes

I have not played the game, but I read Jane's TED talk on it and find the approach and her story wonderful. I'm a freelance screenwriter and instantly wondered if archetype characters such as described by Joseph Campbell or in Christopher Vogler's book "Mythic Structure" might make the game even more accessible worldwide as these characters and story points have been found to exist all over the world.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Go Nonprofit, get Bill Gates to get you servers and support.

The last few weeks I've had much difficulty logging on and using the site. Someone suggested it might be a traffic issue, and I log in before 7 am and everything is working pretty well (still have that comment post glitch where I have to refresh to see that something has posted). I have a master's degree in public and nonprofit administration and think this might be an avenue to make SB sturdier and better without going commercial.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 'Comments' on activity are really hard to post successfully.

I want to leave comments on my activity (battling bad guys, quests, etc) so I can scan my activity wall and remind myself WHAT I did that time that was awesome. I click 'comment,' it gives me a text box. I type in the text box and hit enter, and ... nothing happens. I tried using a separate browser to hit the site again and the comment is there -- except when it isn't. There is no "Your comment has posted!" notification, no "click here to post" button, or anything else that would help me figure out that I HAVE…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I love SuperBetter!

In fact, I love it so much that I have been recommending it to all my friends and use it daily (of course!).
    I have worked with personal leadership for many years and I recognize SuperBetter as an excellent structure for getting to do the things you want to achieve in life.
    Here is my question: How can I help?
    I live in Sweden, and would love to be a part of bringing this to a wider audience. Are you hiring? Can I volunteer?
    Hope you have a good day,
    Best regards, Andrea Söderberg

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think you need to look at what Daily Challenge and Mindbloom are doing game-wise and incorporate it into SB to improve gaming experience.

I love this concept and the research that's been done, but I find the interface frustrating and the game aspects of SB to be somewhat lacking. I went to Mindbloom http://www.mindbloom.com and Daily Challenge http://www.dailychallenge and I really like aspects of both sites, especially as it pertains to interface and game play. I would like to see more of that incorporated into SB. I find myself going to SB less and the others more, but there are things specific to SB that I really like and I don't want to abandon the site.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make a Google Chrome app for SuperBetter

Google Chrome apps work like bookmarks for your internet browser - websites are represented with icons that show immediately when you open the Chrome browser. A SuperBetter app on Google Chrome would allow people who use Chrome to be reminded of SuperBetter & easily access the site.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Printable To-Do List

One thing I would really like is a way to print out my To Do List for the day. One of my biggest bad guys is being online too much. I am finding that because I also want to be really involved with SuperBetter quests, that I am here more than I should be. If I could print out a to-do list and any info needed to do it early in the day and check back in to SuperBetter later in the day to check it off and check on ally stuff that would be ideal.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Jane - I adore you - thank you for your Ted Talk

I have had a lifelong interest in trauma recovery. I've had a brain injury (physical - concussion) plus brain injury (couple of incidents leading to PTSD.) I cannot wait to play your game and share with others. God bless you for your point of view and work.

Carol

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Spanish versión Please

That's would be great for the non English speakers a version in Spanish.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow coaches to suggest or assign quests, bad guys, allies, etc. for players.

In addition to Allies consider creating a social role for Coach (Dungeon Masters). These Coaches would be able to assign quests and power packs to the players game narrative. Maybe under profile there could be a check box; [X] Become a Coach. Coaches would be able to add content, provide feedback, and check in with their players. Players should be able to have multiple coaches.

My initial thought is that a Coach could build and implement programs for family members. Then I thought of physicians, counselors, clergy, HR departments, life coaches, sport coaches, etc. Anyone who can lead others to…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Share user generated power ups, quests, and power packs

I would like to be able to share all of the quests, power ups, bad guys, and future boosts that I create with other superbetter players. I would like to be able to package them together in power packs for others to use. I would like everyone else to be able to do this to support my getting superbetter.

In implementing this I imagine each item should have user feedback associated with it. Thumbs up/down or stars, user reviews, science behind links, and a tag cloud to help people find the component to add to their superbetter.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make it more male friendly or gender neutral.

I love the content of this app, and I tried to share it with my dad who also has depression. He kind of wrote it off though because he said it was a "girly" app with all the rainbows and whatnot. I think men who could really use this may be turned off by the slightly feminine design. Just a thought.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How to meditate?

There is no tutorial or guide on how to meditate. I would love to have one. It's not obvious how to do it.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dungeon Map

It'd be cool to have a visual representation of a map that you uncover. Be a dungeon explorer or some other sort of adventurer, finding rooms, enemies and treasure that represent your obstacles and achievements.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the SB ipod app available for older Ipods!

I have friends who would love to use the Superbetter app, but they can't because it says their ipod doesn't have a camera. A lot more people could use the app if it were available for older iPods!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Graphics and visuals - making a GAME

I signed up immediately after watching the TED Talk by SuperBetter's creator. The idea is great, but I couldn't help feeling a little disappointed at the lack of "game" to accompany the program. I would love to be able to create my "world" and design my avatar and WATCH her progress thru quests and battle bad guys, as I go thru them in real life. I think a video/visual element would be a wonderful next step for SuperBetter. Thanks for putting the work in to make this program in the first place - it really is a great idea!

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Kids self control, positive thinking, be kind to yourself

My son is keen to get into SuperBetter, he's eight, clever and has some issues which can be eased with diet and suppliments. When he goes off, it's self destructive or anger turned on to his brother.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base