Skip to content

SuperBetter Feedback

Welcome! We’d love to hear from you! If you have a specific question about your account, please select “Contact Support” in the right sidebar.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

108 results found

1. Add "Reduce" (rather than "Quit") a habit or behavior powerpack.

This would be used to achieve moderation - for example, if you would like to drink less, but not quit drinking.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a phobia category!

If someone has a fear of germs, maybe they should come here to learn how to get over it and live their life!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Children/Junior version to boost esteem of kids!

I am a pediatric occupational therapist. I work with children of varying abilities, including children who have autism, Asperger's Disorder, sensory processing difficulties, fine motor delays, Down syndrome, and a host of other medical conditions and issues to help them live their lives to the fullest. One thing many of my patients have in common is significant levels of anxiety and poor self-concept. I think it would be great if there was a Superbetter that was designed for children in the 5-8 range and maybe an 8-12 range. Children thrive on what we may consider "minor" accomplishments, such as climbing…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Printable format for groups/schools/therapy groups/people with intermittant internet access

I have been cutting and pasting some of the superbetter info into word documents and printing them so that i can play Superbetter at my job (i work with at risk youth, 14-17 years with mental health/behavioral problems) but also, any way to play superbetter that doesn't require constant computer/internet access would be good. we've been playing on paper and it's been okay, but not great.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. a few tips i find major.

good afternoon,

my name is jeffery and i'm 34 living in metro detroit. i've never been a "gamer," up until 8 months ago when a friend insisted i buy an xbox 360. since that day i've been on it at least 10 hours a day, 7 days a week (yes, i know!). i'm an internet marketer and day after day i would study myself as to why a "non-gamer" could be so addicted to this machine. microsoft are excellent marketers.

i'm telling you this because when i watched and re-watched the 2012 ted talk 3 times last night i was…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please Allow EMOJIs. There are simple bad guy signs, etc..

Bad guys || Quests || Etc.. For those of us that are primarily VISUAL. ? ing there are many of us out there.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A guide for users without iphones

It would be helpful if there was a system like Superbetter that can be taken with you throughout the day- for people like me without an iphone.

While the site can be accessed after I get home from my lectures, the reinforcers from quest completion and the like come many many hours after the behavior they're reinforcing. I love the site/game, but this delay will hurt its effectiveness.

Previous to discovering this site, I was working on a token reinforcement system based loosely off of Skinner's work. I'd track my "points" with marks on an index card, and arrange a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Translating SuperBetter

I recently watched your TED conference about SuperBetter (and the fact that it can actually grant you ten more years to live, which is amazing). I'm actually a sociology major in Santiago, Chile but besides studying and doing sociology-related research, I'm also a LGBTI activist.

I'm actually working in a small organization, mentored by a nurse, based on peer counseling (we've developed a methodology for anybody to use in order to help people within the LGBTI community (or as we like to call it, sexual diversity; this would also include, heterosexuality).

I'm actually pretty hyped about this game (which, by…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Weight loss - superbody

Hi Jane... you have a fan here ever since I watched your TED talk. Bravo. I wish I had known about your game when I had depression.

The problem I'm takling at the moment is weight loss, and I've come across something in my readings that makes me think you can help. I hope you're intrigued. It's not a huge problem (forgive the pun) - I need to lose about 10kg. Problem is I can lose 5kg, and then I get distracted and put it on again.

I have been reading "Influencer" by Patterson and Grenny. It looks at what…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it work more than 10% of the time.

It's a downer when you just completed a Quest(s) and can't sign in or post to SuperBetter. Kind of defeats the purpose of the program.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. archetypes

I have not played the game, but I read Jane's TED talk on it and find the approach and her story wonderful. I'm a freelance screenwriter and instantly wondered if archetype characters such as described by Joseph Campbell or in Christopher Vogler's book "Mythic Structure" might make the game even more accessible worldwide as these characters and story points have been found to exist all over the world.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Printable To-Do List

One thing I would really like is a way to print out my To Do List for the day. One of my biggest bad guys is being online too much. I am finding that because I also want to be really involved with SuperBetter quests, that I am here more than I should be. If I could print out a to-do list and any info needed to do it early in the day and check back in to SuperBetter later in the day to check it off and check on ally stuff that would be ideal.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I love SuperBetter!

In fact, I love it so much that I have been recommending it to all my friends and use it daily (of course!).
    I have worked with personal leadership for many years and I recognize SuperBetter as an excellent structure for getting to do the things you want to achieve in life.
    Here is my question: How can I help?
    I live in Sweden, and would love to be a part of bringing this to a wider audience. Are you hiring? Can I volunteer?
    Hope you have a good day,
    Best regards, Andrea Söderberg

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Go Nonprofit, get Bill Gates to get you servers and support.

The last few weeks I've had much difficulty logging on and using the site. Someone suggested it might be a traffic issue, and I log in before 7 am and everything is working pretty well (still have that comment post glitch where I have to refresh to see that something has posted). I have a master's degree in public and nonprofit administration and think this might be an avenue to make SB sturdier and better without going commercial.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think you need to look at what Daily Challenge and Mindbloom are doing game-wise and incorporate it into SB to improve gaming experience.

I love this concept and the research that's been done, but I find the interface frustrating and the game aspects of SB to be somewhat lacking. I went to Mindbloom http://www.mindbloom.com and Daily Challenge http://www.dailychallenge and I really like aspects of both sites, especially as it pertains to interface and game play. I would like to see more of that incorporated into SB. I find myself going to SB less and the others more, but there are things specific to SB that I really like and I don't want to abandon the site.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it more male friendly or gender neutral.

I love the content of this app, and I tried to share it with my dad who also has depression. He kind of wrote it off though because he said it was a "girly" app with all the rainbows and whatnot. I think men who could really use this may be turned off by the slightly feminine design. Just a thought.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Overall Upgrade

I love this idea. I've had this idea. But you guys are the ones made it and I love you for that. From a gamer's perspective, it needs a bit of a better overall navigation. For starters certain things like "To do" should ALWAYS be on the right side on all pages as someone navigates their "Status Screen"...
    The activity part should list the icons of what's been done, not the profile picture. As well as a "quick activity" where someone can type in something they did and award points right on the front page. The power ups should be…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Spanish versión Please

That's would be great for the non English speakers a version in Spanish.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More than just health goals

Hey Jane and others! I'm loving SuperBetter. I found it after watching Jane's talk on TED.com. I'm thinking this applies to so much more than just health goals. Are there plans in the works to expand the application of this game model? I can see it as a way to deal with numerous types of goals - bad habits (not health related), academic goals, relationship goals, travel goals...I'm guessing the possibilities are limitless.

Thanks for coming up with this. It's awesome!

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dungeon Map

It'd be cool to have a visual representation of a map that you uncover. Be a dungeon explorer or some other sort of adventurer, finding rooms, enemies and treasure that represent your obstacles and achievements.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base