Skip to content

SuperBetter Feedback

Welcome! We’d love to hear from you! If you have a specific question about your account, please select “Contact Support” in the right sidebar.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

66 results found

1. Battles end in a draw

I think it would be nice to be able to have battles end in a draw. I know some days I have I don't feel like I've utterly failed at certain things, but I don't feel like I've done great at them either.

97 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  battles  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Are my facebook friends SuperBetter users?

I'd like to be able to make allies of my existing network, and you're already connected somewhat to facebook...

Ideally, I'd want to be able to first connect to my friends who are already using this app, then to invite friends to join

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  allies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Letting other people on facebook know you’re playing SuperBetter is something of a privacy issue. Because SuperBetter is health related, we don’t want to be telling the world you’re using it – even if it’s theoretically people you know and have approved to be on your social network.

We’re working on adding more levels of privacy, so that if you want to let your facebook friends know you’re playing, you can, but for now we’re sticking with the ‘better safe than sorry’ policy and not making any of that information visible.

3. Make comments made by allies stand OUT

Right now I am mostly aware of my allies making encouraging comments via e-mail. I'd like to actually see them on the site. But to see their comments I have to scroll through my own activity (sometimes a depressing activity) and carefully investigate if any of the "comment" links have become little links that say "1 comment" this is a very small difference. I don't want to see what I have done nearly as much as I'd like to see if someone had anything to say about it. I wish that comments were automatically expanded and made to stand out…

254 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  16 comments  ·  allies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Time zones.

I live in New Zealand. My tasks get reset at odd hours. Would love to be able to set my time zone so that my start of the day isn't 8pm at night.

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I can only see that I got an achievement, but not what it means

I noticed that when I'm an ally, I can go to my hero's page and there's a menu option to see their achievements, but when I'm on my own hero page, there isn't a menu option to see my achievements and when I click on an achievement earned in my activity stream, nothing happens. I'd like to be able to see what the achievement means on my own hero page.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Method of undoing

I am constantly misclicking, accidentally completing quests I didn't do, vanquishing bad guys who are still kicking my butt, etc. I would like to be able to UNDO this activity and have the points revoked. Is there a method?

195 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In ally role some of the navigation options seem inconsistent

Context you are both a hero and an ally and are logged in, but select the "ally" role at the top of your screen.

Some of the navigation options seem inconsistent -- the quests/powerups/etc. - take you to info about yourself, while others take you to info about the hero you are an ally to.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This seems a bit flukey (we’re not able to reproduce getting sent to your own info when you’re in ally mode) – but we totally agree that ally mode needs some serious TLC. That’s why we’re redesigning it from the ground up – stay tuned!

8. Is there a secret lab note lenght limit?

I was trying to follow the quests for an powerpack and it has 3 related quests that make you journal. It saved just fine for the first quest. I spent a lot of time and thought writing out the second one and when I came back it wasn't there. So I redid it and made sure I saved it. When I came back again THAT set of changes was gone too. It just refuses to save it if I add very much more. What should I do? Can you get rid of the lenght limit if there is one?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Need to be able to pick more than one

When I'm starting Im asked if I'm helping from something or healing a health goal. I get that you're probably doing research on the various categories but humans are complex. I want to be able to check : car crash, TBI, migraines, wanna lose weight. For example.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve found that people are most successful when they focus on one thing at a time. We acknowledge that most (if not all!) people are up against more than one challenge at a time, but trying to keep up with all of them can be a lot like juggling and spinning plates and riding a three-legged pony backwards – that is, it’s a lot of work! For that reason, we tried to get people to focus on one area, but of course, you’re encouraged to add quests and power packs specific to the uber unique combination of obstacles and goals that is you :)

10. Posting pictures to Activity Wall

Many of the quests ask you to post a picture to the Activity Wall, but there is no way to directly upload the picture at the Activity Wall.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Filler text visible, fyi.

On this page:
    https://www.superbetter.com/heroes/5379/secret_lab

You have filler text remaining "lorem ipsum..."

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Secret lab: tracker not working

When I hit the BEGIN button, nothing happens.
    Thanks

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We think this might be an issue related to outdate browsers. Can everyone who’s experiencing this update to the latest version of their browser and let us know if the problem is still occurring, and if so, what browser you’re in?

13. Advanced Quest Creation

I love how simple everything is to use and understand. It was a snap to get started and very intuitive.

But parts of me wants to be able to go into my secret lab and use more advanced tools (they could be optional to prevent overwhelm at first) to create more sophisticated quest lines. I want to be able to create a quest chain, where completing one quest unlocks the next. This would allow me to craft goals, but see them only as bite size, keep me encouraged to keep moving forward and not let a huge list of every…

218 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  quests  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re having a gigantic meeting about how to make Power Packs more awesome, and are definitely considering enabling people to create their own Power Packs. It’s quite tricky/costly to develop, though, so we’re considering a model where you could pay some small amount of money to create your own Power Pack (complete with custom quest sequences, power-ups, bad guys, and icons), and then a slightly larger amount of money to create a Power Pack that you could then share with your friends and family.

In terms of random quests – we love that idea too! We’ll definitely be discussing it at our meeting :)

14. My current and peak resilence are always the same number

even when I dont complete quests or loose battles with bad guys or don't do anything my current and peak resilience are the same.

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now it’s hard to be below peak if you’re an active player. Your resilience will only go down if you don’t do an activity that boosts it for several days, or if you take an inventory in the Secret Lab and report that you’re not feeling well.

15. Ally Invitation Trouble

After (finally) receiving my ally invitation, I finally realized I had to log out to accept it. But once I finish reading about the skills (compass, heart, etc) and go to practice the skills, the site breaks and the connection isn't completed. I've tried it several times and my ally and I are still not really connected. It's really hampering my SuperBetter experience.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  allies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Portrayal of Women

I am interested in using SuperBetter as a tool for staying physically and mentally fit while having to finish a long and arduous project. The idea for this site and the way it is arranged is fantastic. However, when I have emailed a few friends to tell them about the site, all six were first struck by McGonigal's stage make up and unnecessary cleavage. For a self-help (or self-acceptance) site, McGonigal's styling seems to have missed the mark, appearing either threatening or comically bad.

Here's an email excerpt from a male friend of mine:

OK. I'm glad it's not just…

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Sarah Dopp responded

This has been a great conversation, and we appreciate the different perspectives offered here in the comments. We’ll keep these notes in mind when we approach future video content.

17. Why can I not log in?

My password I never changed....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you signed up for the private beta/sneak peek and used SuperBetter before March, you’ll need to create a new account. If that’s not the issue, let me know a bit more information and I’ll see how we can help :)

18. Password reset email doesn't work

I have a password reset email, but the link just takes me to an error page. I've tried several times (the same token is sent each time).

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Categorize power ups by strength

Hi guys,
    I'd love it if I could see my power ups page categorized by the strength they build up so I can see where I need to round out my toolbox.
    Thanks!

101 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  power-ups  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need a "getting started faq" or something simpler

The community pages encourage you to view the faq right off the bat, but there is too much information -- there needs to be a gentler introduction to it. If nothing else, have the first question in the faq be "How do I get started."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base